This call published by Association of Renaissance Institute for volunteers from Turkey who would like to take part in European Voluntary Service (EVS), a sub-programme of Erasmus+ of European Commision which allows to do volunteering abroad.
Starting date of the service: 01/01/2017
Ending date of the service: 30/06/2017
Total duration in months: 6 Months
Agree on the following:
Project title: Empowering Youth through Self-Learning
Granting National Agency: Turkish National Agency
Other concerned National Agency: Greece National Agency
Reference of the grant agreement: 2015-3-TR01-KA105-024366
Deadline to apply: 25.10.2016
About the Project
“Empowering Youth through Self-Learning” is an EVS project that will take a place in Komotini, Greece, in 3 different periods: from 1st July 2016 untill 31st of December 2016, from 1st of January 2017 untill 30th of June 2017, from 1st of July 2017 untill 31st of December 2017. In each period, two young persons from Turkey will move in Komotini and by learning new skills and knowledge will be in position to act for the favor of the local youth. Our title describes our project philosophy. This is exactly our project priorities, youth empowerment, supporting the self-learning process and youth participation. Moving in another country means learning and adjust the new knowledge to develop as a person and help the social development in your community. Through non formal activities our project will redefine the habits and the needs of youth in Komotini, underline the need to respect our social environment. The volunteers will be the example for the whole community as they will create events and implement various activities.
Moreover the two youngsters per period, so totaly 6 young people from Turkey will work on projects which aim to create a better life for youngsters, especially for those with fewer chances. This systematic work along with all the other activities of «System and G» are able to create a System of unofficial rules that will be adopted by our citizens and change our community to a better way.
In addition through inter-cultural activities the volunteers will present their culture, and through daily life they will be integrated in the Greek society. “Empowering Youth through Self-Learning” has also another meaning as promotes the youth mobility as a tool for the personal development and social change.
Profile of Volunteer
Volunteers will be chosen regardless of their ethnic group, religion, sexual orientation, political opinion, etc. No previous qualifications, educational level, specific experience or more than basic language knowledge is required.
We have not any specific age (according to program rules; age limit is between 17 and 30) and sex criteria in choosing volunteer. Previous experience of working with youngsters is beneficial. Most important criteria is motivation and interest in working with youngsters as well as if the candidate is a young person with fewer opportunities.
Curriculum Vitae and Motivation letter are obligatory for applying for the project. Other criteria: sociable, creative, various hobbies, willing to know another people and culture are useful.
Also we prepared volunteers application form what we’ll ask to fill for all the potential volunteers thus discover whether their and our needs fits together. This application form included previous background, skills, hobbies, motivation, interest, engagement, openness and the abilities to work and learn on one’s own account.
- Travel cost will be covered for return way.
- Food and accommodation will be 100% covered by the project budget. Money for food will be given every month (at the beginning).
- Visa cost will 100% covered by the project.
- The pocket money which is 100 euro will be given every month (at the beginning).
- Volunteers will be staying in the house of the System and G volunteers located in the city center on the road Egnantias 9. The apartment is located 10 minutes’ walk from the offices of volunteers in Europe Direct Komotini, N. Tsanaklis 15. Each volunteer will share a spacious room with another volunteer of the same sex, to further develop their relationship with the prospect of better inter-cultural learning and mutual understanding. Kitchen, bathroom, living room and balconies will be common areas of the apartment.
- One person will provide support on everything that has to do with the support of the service of volunteers. There will be a mentor with previous rich experiences.
- Volunteers will work 6 hours per day in 5 days of a week. They will have two consecutive days off per week. They may need to take day(s) off in religious holidays (if any). Volunteer can take two days holiday for each month.
- There will be language courses in Greek.
- There will be online linguistic support in Greek. Lessons will start before the volunteers leave from Turkey).
Eligibility Criteria & Application
- To apply this call, volunteers are required to prepare and send Europass CVs and motivation letters to email@example.com
- Selection will be done by considering volunteers’ CV and motivation letter. In case of need, EVS Programme Manager and Assistants may contact to volunteer to have online or face-to-face interview.